Saturday 29 June 2013

Catch up

Well I haven't managed to write a blog in three weeks!
In all honesty, I've been so busy. I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I've had trouble with my iron levels since the last part of my pregnancy and I think they're getting worse as when I'm not busy with Max I just seem to fall asleep. I'm a bit worried really as I've been sleeping through him crying at night. Luckily my husband (who's normally an incredibly deep sleeper) has been waking up and looking after Max but I'm definitely going to have to go and see the doctor.

Life with Max over the past three weeks has been a big muddle of dirty nappies, giggles and smiles, naps, baby club (mummy club), baby massage, jumperoo time and a few days out thrown in. We had a lovely Father's Day. It was obviously Dave's first Father's Day and as he's a huge fan of fish we went to the aquarium. I thought Max would still be a bit young to appreciate it but he watched the fish and lights with wide eyes, especially in the shark tunnel. It was a lovely day out.
Max has learnt to roll over!! It had been coming for a long time to be honest! He prefers sleeping on his side, I'm guessing because I used to breast feed him to sleep on his side, and although we always put him to bed on his back, we were waking up to him being on his side. Cue a tired, snappy accusation of turning him over to my other half until we realised he was doing it himself! If I ever left him on his side after feeding he would kind of wriggle and flip into his tummy, so it was only a matter of time before he rolled completely and here's the photo from the first ever roll!
Haha his face cracks me up he looks so angry - he's scared himself when he rolled I think, and his arm was stuck under him but I had to get a photo! Since then we often find him asleep on his tummy with one leg hanging out of his cot, which scares the hell out of me but he must be comfy!!!

Baby club has taken over my pre-Max drinks and meals out with friends. My friends have been great and love Max to bits but its been amazing to meet other mums who understand how difficult it is to just leave the house and who make me feel like I'm not the only one going through the roller coaster of motherhood. I've made some really nice friends there (and at baby massage) and we've bonded over cake whilst Max has play dates with other babies :) I feel much happier now I'm getting out a bit. I didn't realise I wasn't as happy until I started getting out and I realised I was isolating myself, and Max, sitting in the house all day. He's great but it's so lovely meeting other adults! I think being a mum of a young baby can be incredibly isolating and it's so easy to be intimidated by baby groups and other mums, but at the end of the day we're all going through the same thing and its a lot healthier to get out. Max is certainly enjoying his play dates and I'm enjoying the company and cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment